• What data do I collect?
• How do I collect your data?
• How will I use your data?
• How do I store your data?
• Marketing & Sharing with third parties
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies does Zeaside.Kiwi use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact me
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
Terminology: "I" and "Me" - That´s me, Zeb, the photographer who is running the site, as set out in the Terms and Conditions. Learn more
"Zeaside.Kiwi" is this website - or the technical construct that "collects" and "uses" data. For instance, I do not "use" Cookies.
When you accept cookies by clicking ACCEPT in the cookie notice of Zeaside.Kiwi, cookies used on zeaside.kiwi powered by the PhotoDeck platform:
- af : when a visitor reaches a member website through a member's affiliate, an affiliate cookie to identify the PhotoDeck member's affiliate ;
Cookies used to facilitate key features of the website, e.g. cart and lightbox facilities ;
_ficelle_session : Session cookie for authentication and security purposes for registered and and logged-in users ;
For registered and logged-in users, other cookies used for performance: some information is stored in cookies instead of the database to provide for better performance when using the website ;
Any other cookie that might be placed directly or indirectly by me, for example through the integration of external services (Google Analytics or other statistics service, AddThis.com or other widget, etc...). Currently none of these services are being used on zeaside.kiwi.
Zeaside.Kiwi can be used without cookies (hit DECLINE), but with a limited feature set.
This website is hosted on the PhotoDeck platform on infrastructure provided by OVH (France) and Amazon (USA, Ireland). Zeaside.Kiwi relies on the PhotoDeck Platform und thus a PhotoDeck member.
A PhotoDeck member is responsible (Data Controller) for their own (PhotoDeck-powered) website's data and for that website's clients' data.
PhotoDeck is the contracted Data Processor for Zeaside.Kiwi. Here is what PhotoDeck processes on Zeaside.Kiwi´s behalf and under its instruction:
Excerpt from https://www.photodeck.com/privacy/:
We (PhotoDeck) don't use that data outside of the scope of the service contracted by that member.
In other words, the data of a member's website and customers belong exclusively to that member, who control them fully.
This data includes, beside the member's images/video clips, website customization and configuration settings, any other personal data stored via the tools provided by PhotoDeck: for example, the customers' login credentials, carts, selections (lightboxes), orders, comments left on the website, IP address, physical addresses, et...
This data is mainly stored on servers located in OVH datacentres, in France. The files imported by our members, as well as websites' static code parts, are stored on the Amazon cloud. The data is partly accessible by the contractor(s) we use to provide technical support to our members.
The data are transmitted to third-parties, other than the subcontractors we use (and within the GDPR requirements), only upon instruction from the member (for example, order details transmitted to a lab for fulfillment).
The data is automatically deleted from our operational database at the end of the grace period (up to 2 months) following the last subscription (contract termination). The uploaded images, video clips and documents may be kept for an additional 2 months.
What data do I collect?
Zeaside.Kiwi collects and processes any kind of user data, personal data or payment data on the grounds of legitimte interests only. Zeaside.Kiwi has a legitimate interest when the processing takes place within a client/visitor relationship, to prevent fraud or to ensure the network and information security of its IT systems.
Zeaside.Kiwi, in some circumstances, collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.) in case you license an image or when you use personalised services on this site, such as registering and using a client account with zeaside.kiwi, when you email (or share) or save images via the Lightbox function or when you request a quote through the site´s functionality. Oterwise I do not collect such data.
• Payment details, in case you license an image. Otherwise I do not collect such data.
How do I collect your data?
When you directly provide Zeaside.Kiwi with most of the data I collect. I collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or want to license a featured image or audio file.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of my message boards or via email.
• Use or view Zeaside.Kiwi via your browser's cookies. When you decline Cookies, Zeaside.Kiwi does not collect such data. See the Cookie section above for more information.
How will I use your data?
Zeaside.Kiwi collects your data so that I can:
• Answer your questions or lead a correspondence with you when you enter into such via the contact form or other means.
• Process your requests, manage your account, in case you license an image. Otherwise I do not use such data.
How do I store your data?
All data and correspondence that you send via contact form, when you use personalised services on the site (see above) will be stored securely by PhotoDeck. When you send an e-mail, that will be kept in an encrypted email inbox for as long as the corresponding matters are current. Only I have access to the encrypted contents of the inbox. For image licensing, I will retain all relevant data in an electronic encrypted local backup record until 2 months after the corresponding license expires, in order to solve any arising questions or payment issues. All personal data will be erased permanently after two months or when my legitimate interest in that data ceases.
Marketing & Data Sharing
Zeaside.Kiwi is solely a personal website and has no intent on marketing activities at this time and does not share your information with third parties, except where I rely on data processing infrastructure provided by the PhotoDeck Platform (see above for more information on PhotoDeck as my Data Processor Contractor).
What are your data protection rights?
Zeaside.Kiwi would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
The right not to submit any data - You have the right not to submit any personal data, even when requesting to license an image. Please be aware that valid license agreements require a minimum set of personal data, as set out in the Terms and Conditions of this website.
The right to access - You have the right to request Zeaside.Kiwi for copies of your personal data. I may charge you a small fee for this service. When you register an account with zeaside.kiwi, you will be able to automatically download all of the data that is held on your account with Zeaside.Kiwi at any time.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Zeaside.Kiwi to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Zeaside.Kiwi erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Zeaside.Kiwi restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Zeaside.Kiwi's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Zeaside.Kiwi transfers the data that I have collected to an organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me by e-mail or write to me, using the provided contact form on the this website. Your message will immediately be delivered to my e-mail inbox which is constantly monitored.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit websites, they may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies does Zeaside.Kiwi use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, Zeaside.Kiwi uses:
• Functionality - Zeaside.Kiwi may uses these cookies so that it recognizes you on this website and remembers your previously selected preferences. These could include what favourite images you saved in a function called "lightbox". A mix of first-party and third-party cookies may be used used if you ACCEPTed cookies upon clicking the correspondning approval-button on this website.
• Advertising - Zeaside.Kiwi may uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.Zeaside.Kiwi sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. (At this point I do not run ads on Zeaside.Kiwi and I don´t collect or share any advertising related data.)
For the specific set of cookies that are actually being used by Zeaside.Kiwi when you consent to Cookies, please refer to the Cookie Notice at the top of this page.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you may delete all Cookie data in the settings dialogue of your web browser of choice. Zeaside.Kiwi in general is fully functional without using cookies. However, in a few cases, some of this website´s features may not function as a result of declining cookies.
Please refer to the Cookie Notice at the top of this page.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact me
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Zeaside.Kiwi has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your national data protection authority. Please see the list of EU DPAs for contact details: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?doc_id=50061